Marco Fiore, MD (Milan, 1975) is in charge as Attending Surgeon at Sarcoma Service of Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori (INT), Milan – Italy, with full time commitment for Soft Tissue Sarcomas, GISTs and Rare Tumors surgery.
He serves as Chair of SICO Sarcoma Oncoteam, and as Director of ESSO European School of Soft Tissue Sarcoma Surgery.
He yearly coordinates the CME accreditated educational event ReSurge, Retroperitoneal Surgery Course at INT.
Chair of the Sarcoma Oncoteam of SICO Italian Society of Surgical Oncology (2015-2019)
Member of International Committee of the Society of Surgical Oncology (2017-2020)
Editorial Advisory Board of European Journal of Surgical Oncology (EJSO)
Editorial Board of Annals of Surgical Oncology (ASO)
2016 International Career Development Award by SSO and ESSO
2007 Fondazione I.R.C.C.S. Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori Young Investigator’s Award Oncologic Research
2004 Terry Fox Price Award Oncologic Research
Among recent scientific accomplishments, dr. Fiore co-authored the following papers:
-Desmoid-Type Fibromatosis Evolving Treatment Standards. Surg Oncol Clin N Am 2016; 25: 803–826
– Desmoid-Type Fibromatosis and Pregnancy. A Multi-institutional Analysis of Recurrence and
Obstetric Risk. Ann Surg, 2014; 259(5):973-8
– Hormonal manipulation with toremifene in sporadic desmoid-type fibromatosis. Eur J Cancer,
– Distinguishing Between Well-Differentiated and Dedifferentiated Retroperitoneal Liposarcomas in the Preoperative Setting: A Work in Progress in the Era of Precision Medicine. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015 Apr;22(4):1055-6
– Correlation between radiological assessment and histopathological diagnosis in retroperitoneal
tumors: analysis of 291 consecutive patients at a tertiary reference sarcoma center. Eur J Surg
Oncol 40 (2014), 1662-1670
– Long-term morbidity after multivisceral resection for retroperitoneal sarcoma. British Journal of
Surgery, 2015; 102(9): 1079-87
– Surgical technique, morbidity, and outcome of primary retroperitoneal sarcoma involving inferiore vena cava. Ann Surg Oncol 2012 Feb; 19(2):511-8. Epub 2011 Jul 27.
– Desmoid-type fibromatosis: a front-line conservative approach to select patients for surgical treatment. Ann Surg Oncol, 2009; 16(9):2587-2593
– Preoperative imatinib mesylate for unresectable or locally advanced primary gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST). EJSO, 2009; 35: 739-745